Sunday 13 October 2013

HOW TO GET RID OF BEDBUGS. BY PEEPZ

Want to know how to get rid of bed bugs without
reading this entire site or without spending a
fortune on pest control? I’m going to explain how
you can do this yourself using natural products
found at most stores.
- Perhaps you live in an apartment complex and
the owner feels it’s too expensive to hire a pest
control company;
- Perhaps you want to erect a barrier that will
prevent bed bugs from entering your apartment
or condo;
- Perhaps you have been bitten, are afraid that
your brought them home with you and want to
prevent them from spreading?
- Perhaps you have no idea what is biting you, but
want to put an end to it?
How to get rid of bed bugs is as simple as
spreading around a powder called Food Grade
Diatomaceous Earth (also know as Silica Dioxide,
Silicone Dioxide or Bed Bug Dust). This is non
toxic, can be purchased at just about any feed
and supply store and as you can read from visitor
comments, works great!
Here is my page on how to create your own non-
toxic pesticide and how to apply bed bug dust
right the first time so you don’t have to do it
again!
Some people have had luck with flea and tick
powder which is suppose to do what
diatomaceous earth does; that is, dehydrate the
bugs and causes them to die.
You spread this around your room (create a
perimeter) and when the bed bugs cross the
dust / powder, they coat themselves and become
dehydrated.
That is exactly how to get rid of bed bugs and
prevent them from entering your rooms, etc.
Just this week I read a report where a team of
scientists have found a way to scare bed bugs.
Bed bugs usually don’t come out to feed until
humans are in a deep sleep which seems to be
around 4am. They don’t usually appear in the day
and can be very hard to spot (they are good at
hiding!).
By spraying an area with a synthetic version of a
bed bug’s alarm pheromones, bed bugs were
found to start moving within five minutes after
the application regardless of the time of day!
Diatomaceous Earth works great as long as the
bed bugs walk through the powder; with this new
discovery, the bed bugs become so agitated, it’s
almost guaranteed they’ll cover themselves with
dust (provided it’s applied in the right locations).
There needs to be more testing before you’ll be
able to buy Diatomaceous Earth mixed with these
alarm pheromones, but if all goes well, you should
start seeing products very soon.
For now, the best way to kill bed bugs is by
applying Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth in the
right locations. There are a ton of comments from
visitors from around the world explaining how
they got rid of bed bugs using this natural
powder found on our bed bug treatment page.
Warning! Make sure it’s FOOD GRADE
Diatomaceous Earth – if it isn’t, it’s dangerously
unhealthy!
Diatomaceous Earth (aka Fossil Shell Flour) is
sometimes found in amorphous form, which can
cause silicosis; it should NEVER be mentioned
without a safety warning near enough so it can’t
be missed. On the other hand, food-grade DE is
considered a safe additive in foods and feed, and
regularly used to prevent digestive infestations in
livestock.
A visitor, Tom 1303, has taken the time to write
everyone on how to get rid of bed bugs which
I’ve included below – Thanks Tom 1303!
I am going to share my experience with you all
in hoping it provides comfort and hope.
I moved into my new home on June of 2010.
By end of September I noticed my feet was
itching and little bites on them. The home has
a pool and I been spending a lot of time
outside so I dismissed them as chigger and
mosquito bites. My mom drove cross country
to see our new home. She even was worried
about stopping at hotels in fear of bed bugs. I
remembering laughing. So my mom gets here.
We finally got our 8 grand for buying our new
house and went and bought 2 new living room
sets and my wife and I insist she takes the bed
and we will sleep on the sofa pull out.
After a few days my mom starts getting what
looks like a rash on her arm and its driving her
crazy. We chalked it up to chiggers as we had
been doing some yard work. Well time came
and went and she left. My wife and I went
back into the room and switched sheets my
wife found the Bed Bugs that I laughed about
weeks ago. I called my mom right away to
warned her to check her bed wash all her
clothes she brought with her. We got lucky
she didn’t take any home with her.
My wife and I panicked which is the first thing
you should not do. We threw out our mattress.
Went to war with em. Cleaned everything just
like I am sure you all have. We even waited like
a month before buying a new bed to be sure
and slept on an air mattress. All appeared well
we bought a new mattress and box spring
even bought a mattress cover but it ripped. I
also bought glue pads and placed under the 4
post of my bed. Then my son started showing
bites. They moved to his room. We panicked
threw out his mattress.
Did all we mentioned above, but this time we
hired a exterminator. He came out treated the
2 rooms. All once again seemed well. Then my
daughter and my grandson was getting bit. So
we repeated the above called the exterminator
back out this time he retreated my son room
and ours also did my daughters room. All once
again seemed well. We then noticed our backs
were getting bites. We looked all over the room
and nothing. Turned out the little bugs had
made it into our brand new furniture. Well I
cant afford to replace the furniture. So I
checked on a bed bug heat treatment and was
going to cost about $3,500. So that was out. I
called terminx Who said would be $1,200 and
they would finance it but would only offer a 30
day guarantee. The way the bugs been
coming and going we didn’t want to pay
monthly for something and still have the bugs.
So we declined.
I did a lot of research on line watched you tube
videos and realized our infestation wasn’t near
as bad as it could be. I went to my local do it
yourself pest control. She told me to buy a
insecticide called phantom it was $100.00 and
you mix 4 ounces with 1 gallon of water. She
told me a local exterminator that has a trained
bed bug dog buys that stuff from her. So i
figured why not. I also went online and bought
a Steam cleaner for 90 bucks at walmart. (be
sure it gets over 140 degrees).
We lifted the couches sprayed the Phantom
bed bug spray all over the underneath of the
couches. all over the box springs all along the
floor boards even bought a special sprayer that
would spray the phantom mix into the cracks.
We formed a moat of the spray around all our
beds. It dries don’t worry. Bought Harris bed
bug spray at Ace hardware and sprayed the
mattress’s and top of couches. We let
everything dry.
We then bought some Diatomaceous Earth
from Ace hardware and spread it underneath
the bed between the mattress and box spring.
In the cracks of the bed frames. (I seen this via
online videos on how to apply) PLEASE BE
CAREFUL DO NOT GET POOL GRADE
Diatomaceous Earth!. Anyway about a week
later our steam cleaner arrived. I went into
action and steam cleaned the couches and
mattresses . Burnt my hand doing so but I
didn’t care I was getting steam in every crack
and fold of the couches. A week later I found
more bugs but they were dead. (The phantom
takes 7 to 10 days to work) I then vacuumed
up the Diatomaceous Earth steamed cleaned
all the floor boards all cracks, bed and
couches.
Once all was dried placed Diatomaceous Earth
in the electrical outlets (took off the face plate
and placed it in the hole of the wall around the
outlet) * (Be careful) * Also retreated the beds
with Diatomaceous Earth as noted above. I
resprayed phantom as noted above. I am not
seeing any live bugs now. I steam my couches
twice a week and respray phantom once every
3 weeks now.
I am not saying I am bed bug free as adults
can hide for a year but I am saying My family is
bite free and sleeping good as well as able to
sit on my new furniture. I think of it as a war
and I feel the phantom spray and steam
cleaner are helping me win this war one battle
at a time. I will never laugh when I hear
someone say they are afraid of bed bugs ever
again. I had the same fears as all of you have
had. I was afraid someone would see a bug
crawl on me at work or I would bring them to
work and infest the office.
There for a while every little thing I felt I would
jump and make sure it wasn’t a bed bug. I
have had to stop family from coming into town
and visit me as well as cancel get-together’s at
my house this summer. I have spent lots of
money in drying my cloths over and over.
I know it feels like you will not make it through
but trust me if you keep at it and be persistent
you will.
In short:
1) Bed Bug Dust (Diatomaceous Earth)
2) Bed bug spray
3) Bed Bug Steam Cleaner
Seems to really be helping me.
I wish you all the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment